Teaching Online - What Equipment to Invest In
Hey, all you online teachers! My name is Teacher Megan, and my online teaching journey began about three years ago. It’s been a wonderful journey so far, with lots of adorable students, laughs, and of course, more cups of coffee than I could possibly count!
I Want to Teach English Online - What Equipment Should I Invest In?
A Good Background
Blue-Light Blocking Glasses
- crayons (to teach colors)
- plastic food (as a reward and conversation piece)
- an inflatable world globe (to discuss places)
- toy animals (to calm students and encourage them)
- flashcards (numbers and letters)
- random things such as a dollar bill, a flower, a book, and a hat
- I use these flashcards:
A Few Other Little Notes:You may need to invest in a quality webcam if your picture is grainy. Also, some teachers swear by whiteboards, as they fill in the gap when it comes to any props they don’t have.
it’s worth it! You should invest in setting up a great teaching station for yourself- you are setting yourself up to succeed, to be comfortable, and to have fun!