Self-Care - A Qkids Teacher Guide
- Drink a glass of water upon waking up – Warm lemon water is fantastic!
- Keep a glass of water at your teaching station
- Drink herbal tea or Bulletproof coffee to give your brain a boost (may add honey and/or lemon for a sore throat to tea)
- Take a walk outside even if you must bundle up (5 minutes can even do a ton of good)
- If you can’t get outside, do some type of exercise in the home – walking workouts are easy
- Keep a sleep routine – often with the winter months having more dark hours, it is easy to get your sleep schedule messed up – stick to a routine – your body will thank you.
- Add one fresh green juice to your daily diet
- Try to avoid sugars and starches.
- Arise at least 30 minutes earlier than you need to be ready for class – this will allow you some quiet time to get yourself centered for the day.
- Make a lunch or weekend date with a friend
- Enjoy an activity once a week that you know feeds your soul
- Finish a self-help book at least once a month
- Journal at the end of the day
Things to keep at your teaching station so your body and soul are at rest
- Cough drops
- Essential Oils that are uplifting (if you use them).
- Extra pair of socks
- Blanket for cold mornings
- Batteries for mouse or headset
- Extra pen/pencil/notepad
- Nuts or protein snack