13 Things That Teaching for Qkids has Taught Me
This week we hear from longtime teacher and mentor of many of our newer teachers, Adalee.
Thirteen Things That Teaching for Qkids Has Taught MeAs I reflect back on my experience teaching with Qkids, I think of all the ways that I have changed as a person, grown as a teacher and just the sheer number of things that I have learned. So, in honor of 1,500 classes taught and thirteen months of being a Qkids Teacher, here are the thirteen things I have learned in the past thirteen months as a Qkids Teacher. (this article in no way was inspired by Taylor Swift :D)
1. I learned that I wish I would have started sooner.
2. I learned that teaching is not one size fits all.
3. I learned that “Children may not remember what you say but will always remember how you made them feel”.
4. I learned to fully utilize all of the awesome features and tools the Qkids platform has to offer.
5. I learned that the people who make up the Qkids staff are phenomenal and truly care about their teachers and students.
6. I learned that my fellow Qkids teachers are simply amazing.
7. I learned that learning a second language in many cultures can be vital to success.
8. I learned that although learning another language is very beneficial, love has no language.
9. I learned the value of reflection.
10. I learned that Chinese food in China looks very different from what we eat here.
Can someone pass the dumplings, please?